The RULES by the Department of Lifelong Education include:
Enterprise Education and Training
In order to promote the concept of lifelong learning and meet the educational needs of our university's alumni, faculty and staff, professionals from the business community, and local residents, the Lifelong Education Department (hereinafter referred to as "the Department") is established at our university.
The responsibilities of the Department are as follows:
- Development of the annual plan and budget for lifelong education at our university.
- Promotion of education programs for graduates of our university.
- Promotion of continuing education programs for employees of companies and corporations.
- Promotion of community and social education programs.
- Handling other tasks assigned by the university.
The organizational structure of the Department is as follows:
- The organizational chart of the Department is attached hereto.
- The Department is led by one director, who is concurrently appointed from associate professors or higher-ranking faculty members.
- The Department has five deputy directors, who are concurrently appointed from lecturers or higher-ranking faculty members, or staff members of the Department.
- The Department has seven advisors, who are appointed from associate professors or higher-ranking faculty members, professionals, or individuals who contribute significantly to the promotion of lifelong education at our university. (Honorary positions are unpaid, but if substantial assistance is provided in the development of the Department's activities, additional remuneration may be given to the director of the same group.)
- Each group within the Department has one group leader (additional remuneration according to the university's regulations), and additional staff members are appointed as needed.
- In addition, the Department establishes staff positions, as needed, for other business functions such as marketing and promotion, class management, accounting, and personnel.
- The Department also establishes an advisory committee, consisting of twelve professionals appointed by the university president or individuals who contribute significantly to the promotion of lifelong education at our university.
Separate regulations shall be established for accounting, personnel, salary, and reward systems of the Department, but they shall still be subject to audit by the relevant units.
In order to maintain the stable operation of the Department, non-faculty supervisors may be recruited by the university, but their rights and obligations shall be determined by separate regulations set by the Lifelong Education Department.
These measures shall be approved by the Administrative Meeting, announced, and implemented upon the approval of the university president. The same applies to any future amendments.
Regulations for the Establishment of the Review Committee for Continuing Education at Yuan Ze University
In order to plan and offer various sessions of continuing education, Yuan Ze University establishes the "Continuing Education Review Committee" (hereinafter referred to as "the Committee") in accordance with the regulations set forth by the Ministry of Education in the "Implementation Measures for Continuing Education in Colleges and Above."
The Committee consists of the Director of the Lifelong Education Department and seven teachers with expertise in various fields, appointed by the Lifelong Education Department and approved by the President. The term of committee members is one year, with the Director of the Lifelong Education Department serving as the convener and chairperson during meetings.
The responsibilities of the Committee are as follows:
- Reviewing the curriculum structure, faculty planning, teaching hours, budget, and other aspects of each session of continuing education.
- Reviewing the implementation measures for relevant aspects of continuing education.
- Handling other matters related to the implementation of continuing education.
A meeting of the Committee requires the attendance of more than half of the members, and a resolution can be passed with the approval of more than half of the attending members. Major proposals require the approval of more than two-thirds of the attending members.
The Committee may invite representatives from relevant units to attend the meetings as necessary.
For any matters not covered by these regulations, the provisions of the "Implementation Measures for Continuing Education in Colleges and Above" shall apply.
These regulations shall be implemented upon approval by the Administrative Meeting and shall also apply to any future amendments.
Regulations for the Allocation of Management Fees for Lifelong Education at Yuan Ze University
In order to actively promote the business of continuing education at our university, increase the university's financial resources, and regulate the allocation ratio of funds for various units to conduct different types of promotional courses, these measures are hereby established.
These measures apply to the funds allocated for various credit and non-credit promotional education courses conducted by the Lifelong Education Department, colleges, departments, and research centers at our university.
The allocation ratio standards for various courses are as follows:
- For courses where the ratio of management fees is already specified by external entrusted units, the ratio specified by those units shall apply.
- For other types of courses, the allocation ratio shall be determined based on the nature of their responsibilities, as specified in the table below:
Nature of responsibilities Allocation ratio Each unit independently plans and organizes various promotional education programs 30% The Lifelong Education Department is responsible for administrative operations such as enrollment, promotion, registration, grade consolidation, and completion. The departments, institutes, colleges, and programs are responsible for planning, faculty selection, course management, and other instructional tasks. 35% Our university collaborates with mainland Chinese universities to offer 3+1 cooperative programs. 40%
- For promotional education programs planned and organized by the Lifelong Education Department, after deducting various class expenses, the remaining balance shall be transferred to the university's management fees. The management fee ratio for each program shall not be less than 30% of the total budget.
- If any unit responsible for organizing such programs fails to meet the aforementioned management fee allocation ratio, implementation shall be subject to approval by the President.
The budget proposals for promotional education courses from colleges, departments, and research centers must be reviewed and approved by the Lifelong Education Department, following the university's administrative procedures, before funds can be disbursed.
These measures shall be implemented upon approval by the Administrative Meeting and shall also apply to any future amendments.
Guidelines for the Appointment of Instructors for Continuing Education Courses at Yuan Ze University.
The appointment of faculty for the school's continuing education courses is based on the "Implementation Measures for Continuing Education in Specialized and Higher Education Institutions" established by the Ministry of Education.
The term "continuing education courses" in these guidelines refers to courses offered in master's credit classes, bachelor's credit classes, and non-credit classes.
For the instructors of the continuing education courses offered by the school, if they are already appointed as full-time or part-time teachers at the school, they will not need to be reappointed according to these guidelines and can continue their teaching duties.
4. The regulations for appointing faculty for the school's continuing education courses are as follows:
(a) For instructors of master's credit classes, bachelor's credit classes, and similar classes, the principle is to have a teaching qualification certificate issued by the Ministry of Education or a professional technical qualification. Instructors for master's credit classes must have an assistant professor certificate or a professional technical qualification equivalent to an assistant professor or higher, while instructors for bachelor's credit classes must have a lecturer certificate or a professional technical qualification equivalent to a lecturer or higher.
(b) The qualifications for faculty in credit-based and non-credit continuing education classes should be individuals with a qualification as a teacher at a specialized or higher education institution, a professional technical qualification, or a professional technical teaching qualification. If necessary for the courses, individuals with specialized technical expertise and experience may be recruited, provided they meet one of the following conditions:
- Possession of a lecturer certificate or a professional technical qualification equivalent to a lecturer or higher issued by the Ministry of Education.
- Possession of a master's degree or higher.
- Possession of relevant professional certifications issued by government agencies, academic institutions, or public or private organizations.
- Recipients of international or national-level competition awards.
- Individuals with more than 3 years of technical work experience.
- Individuals with more than 3 years of practical experience as professional managers.
- Individuals with more than 2 years of teaching experience relevant to the courses.
- Faculty designated or appointed by the government or authorized institutions.
The appointment process for instructors of the school's continuing education courses requires the course coordinator to review and ensure compliance with these guidelines during course planning. The final decision is made by the Continuing Education Review Committee, and once approved, the appointment is confirmed.
The appointment process for instructors should be completed before the start of the courses.
The appointment of instructors for the school's continuing education courses is determined based on the actual teaching period and is issued a letter of appointment by the Director of the Lifelong Education Department upon the instructor's application. In the case of credit-based specialized classes jointly administered by departments and the Lifelong Education Department, the President may issue the appointment letter after the review is approved.
Matters not stipulated in these guidelines shall be subject to other relevant laws and regulations.
These guidelines shall be implemented after being approved by the school's administrative meeting and shall also apply to any future amendments.